Unfortunately, navigating your way through the world of domestic juice maker can be quite a difficult task.
This is because juicers come in a lot of different shapes and sizes, with some being more suited to specific jobs than others.
Today we are going to be reviewing some of the best juicers of 2019 and sharing their suitability with you.
Before you begin, we would advise that you write a list of all of the different things that you need your juicer to be able to do. Try not to settle for anything less than what is on your list.
As always, we recommend you to read our buyer’s guide to have a better understanding of what you should be looking for before you dive into our list of the best juicer in 2019.
Best Juicer in 2019
|Hamilton Beach Juicer (Editor’s Pick)||Best Easy to Clean Juicer||Centrifugal||Price|
|Breville Juice Extractor (Editor’s Pick)||Best Juice Fountain||Centrifugal||Price|
|Omega Juicer (Editor’s Pick)||Best Vegetable Juicer||Mastigating||Price|
|Homeleader Juice Extractor||Best Wide Mouth Juicer||Centrifugal||Price|
|Omega Juice Extractor||Best Slow Masticating Juicer||Mastigating||Price|
|Argus Le Juicer||Best Cold Press Juicer||Mastigating||Price|
|Chefmos Juicer||Best Low-Speed Masticating Juicer||Mastigating||Price|
|Cuisinart Citrus Juicer||Best Citrus Juicer||Citrus Juicer||Price|
|Epica Citrus Juicer||Best Quiet Citrus-Juicer||Citrus Juicer||Price|
|Eurolux Citrus Juicer||Best Orange Juicer||Citrus Juicer||Price|
1. Hamilton Beach Juicer — Best Easy to Clean Juicer
The Hamilton Beach Juicer is a fantastic option for anyone who is looking to juice for a fraction of the price that a typical centrifugal juicer would cost.
This juicer is more than acceptable for a casual user on a budget, but if you are able to stretch your money a little bit, then you might want to take a look at one of the top-of-the-range juicers that are available.
It might sound simple, but one of the best things about this juicer is the fact that it includes a wide mouth.
You can use this to feed whole fruits and vegetables into the juicer, and the extraction process after that is incredibly easy to work your way through.
The pulp that is then ejected by this juicer is almost dry, telling us that this juicer is more than capable of squeezing every last drop out of most fruits and vegetables.
Luckily, this juicer is really, really easy to use.
You simply have to put fruits and vegetables that have been sliced or diced into the wide mouth/feeding tube. You then have to add a small amount of pressure with your hand.
The juice that is extracted will then come out of one side of your appliance, and the pulp will be collected in the extractor bin. Cleaning up the Hamilton Beach Juicer is also an easy and quick process.
The Hamilton Beach Juicer is an affordable juicer that is most suitable for people who are on a budget and who are not fussy.
If you hate noise and plastic, then this juicer probably won’t be an excellent option for you.
Having that said, this juicer is incredibly easy to clean, and it can dramatically reduce the amount of time that you would otherwise have to spend chopping fruits and vegetables.
- The wide mouth that is present on this juicer enables the user to use whole fruits and vegetables
- The feeding chute itself is approximately 3 inches wide, making juicing fruits and vegetables a quick and easy process because you don’t need to chop a lot of things beforehand
- The pulp bin inside of this juicer is large, meaning that you can make large quantities of juice at any one given time
- Most of the plastic parts inside of this juicer are removable and dishwasher safe. This makes them really easy to clean
- This juicer is quite loud and noisy when in use. If you are looking for something that is quiet, then you might need to look at some models that are slightly more expensive
- If you are not a fan of plastic, then you should move along to the next juicer in our list quickly
- This juicer consists of an an-all plastic design that might not be a favorite for people who like stainless steel and similar materials
Get Hamilton Beach Juicer
2. Breville Juice Extractor — Best Juice Fountain
The Breville Juice Extractor is a classic and typical example of a decent centrifugal juicer, a type of appliance that we would consider to be an essential home appliance, but whether or not it is actually crucial depends on the kind of home that you live in.
Do health fanatics live in your home?
If they do, then you should think about buying a centrifugal juicer. This one, in particular, makes staying healthy an easy task because it can be operated simply and it only has a single speed setting.
This might sound boring, but most people are actually more likely to use appliances that only have a single setting because it means that they do not have to mess around setting the thing up.
This product is very similar to the Hamilton Beach Juicer in that it also has a 3-inch feeding chute. You can use this chute to insert whole fruits and vegetables into the juicer.
This one, in particular, is known for its ability to take whole apples without a problem.
A plunger in the Breville Juice Extractor forces any fruits that are placed into the juicer down into the blades.
The same fruits are then stopped from flying back out of the chute by a stability knife that is located at the bottom of the appliance.
After the juicing process is complete, the juice itself is collected in one container, and the dry pulp is collected in another.
This product would be a phenomenal option for anyone who lives in an apartment or/and has a small amount of storage space. Most centrifugal juicers are quite large, but this one consists of a compact design that takes up a minimal amount of space.
This juicer would also be a better option for a single person than it would be for a couple. This is because the internal filter bag fills quite quickly and you would have to change it quite a lot to make juice for two different people at once.
- Our favorite thing about this juicer is the fact that it only has a single speed setting. Working with an appliance that has 12 different settings early in the morning can be enough to make you want to hide that appliance in the back of a cupboard, but you will not have to worry about that with this appliance
- Each of the components that makes up this juicer is easy to remove. This makes it easy to clean this appliance quickly after it has been used
- This centrifugal juicer is a lot quieter than some of the other centrifugal juicers that are currently available on the market
- Some of the fruit and vegetable pieces that you place in the feeding chute will manage to escape back into this chute. We would advise that you place your hand or something similar over the top to stop this from happening
- The powerful motor inside of this juicer results in a lot more wet pulp. This means that the juicer is not extracting as much juice as some competitors can
- If you are planning on making large quantities of fluid, then you would have to change the internal filter bag as it will quickly fill with pulp
Get Breville Juice Extractor
3. Omega Juicer — Best Vegetable Juicer
The Omega Juicer is entirely different to all of the other juicers that have been featured on this list so far.
This juicer is a hardworking masticating juicer, meaning that it can be used to do an array of different things. It is versatile, efficient and reasonably priced when you compare it to some of the other masticating juicers that are readily available.
Our favorite thing about this juicer is the fact that it is actually a commercial-grade juicer, opposed to a juicer that has been designed for use in a standard kitchen. This means that it is very unlikely to break and it is capable of producing higher yields of juice than other domestic juicers would.
It is also a lot smaller than conventional masticating juicers, meaning that you won’t have to worry about the storage space in your kitchen.
If you take anything at all away from reading about this Omega Juicer, then it should be the fact that it is an incredibly user-friendly appliance that is very easy to operate.
You simply have to chop up your fruits and vegetables and feed them into the chute.
It is worth noting that this chute is smaller than the chutes that we can see on other products, but this juicer also gives you more juice than other products would.
This product would be a perfect option for anyone who is serious about making fresh juice at home or changing their lifestyle.
If you only use your juicer every so often, then you should probably look for an appliance that is less expensive.
On the other hand, if you plan on juicing on a daily basis, then this appliance could be a perfect option for you.
It is excellent for cold press juicing, but it does require quite a significant investment upfront.
- Whenever you come to purchase an appliance for your kitchen, you have to know whether or not it will last. This juicer comes with a warranty that lasts for 15 years
- This appliance is unlikely to get clogged up with foam because of the way that it has been designed
- The performance of this product is second to none. It produces fantastic yields of juice when compared to similar products
- Durability is a key feature of the Omega Juicer, and it has a stylish chrome exterior that would suit most kitchens
- As you would probably expect, this product is considerably more expensive than some of the other products that are readily available. It warrants this price tag because of how efficiently it works
- The food chute on the Omega Juicer is significantly smaller than some of the other food chutes that are featured on this list. It only accepts fruits and vegetables that have been chopped up or diced.
Get Omega Juicer
4. Homeleader Juice Extractor — Best Wide Mouth Juicer
The Homeleader Juice Extractor is a typical example of a centrifugal juicer.
It is made out of stainless steel, and it would be able to offer any users a healthy lifestyle, as long as they use it the way that it is supposed to be used.
That includes not eating a chocolate bar straight after drinking a healthy juice.
The juicer itself is easy to use, and it features a wide feeding chute, meaning that you don’t have to worry about the time that you could end up spending chopping up fruits and vegetables. This makes the whole juicing process a quick and easy affair.
As we have already mentioned, this juicer is ridiculously easy to use, even for a beginner. It features two different speed modes. One of these speed modes is low, and the other is high.
The high speed is perfect for dealing with hard fruits and vegetables, whereas the low speed should be used with soft fruits and vegetables.
A large capacity pulp container and pulp collector mean that this juice extractor can be used to make a lot of juice at once, without the need to continually empty the pulp container so that nothing gets blocked up.
A safety locking bar can be found on this appliance, and its presence means that the machine will not work unless all of the parts have been assembled correctly.
This product is an excellent option for budget buyers who are looking for simplicity.
It lacks some of the features that we would like to see, but it is quick to use and simple to operate. It is also easy to clean as all of the parts come apart quickly.
If you are looking for something that is stylish, compact and capable of making delicious juice, then this could be the right option for you.
- This juicer is small and compact, meaning that it could easily be stored in a small cupboard or on a countertop without taking up too much space
- All of the parts on this juicer are removable and easy to clean. Some of them are also dishwasher safe
- The powerful motor that is present on this juicer means that it can be used with incredibly tough fruits and vegetables without a problem
- The Homeleader Juice Extractor is an excellent option for people who like things to be quick and easy because it has a 3” wide feeding chute. This means that it can take fruits and vegetables that have not been chopped up or diced, saving you a lot of time as a user
- One of the most significant drawbacks with this juicer is the fact that it cannot be used for longer than 2 minutes at a time. Two minutes is long enough to make a good amount of juice, but not as long as some people may need. This is because more extended time periods could cause damage to the powerful motor
- This juicer does lack some of the other features that we can see on juicers that fall under the same price range
Get Homeleader Juice Extractor
5. Omega Juice Extractor — Best Slow Masticating Juicer
The Omega Juice Extractor has been brought to us by a brand that some veteran juicers out there will recognize immediately.
The company has been designing and manufacturing products for almost three decades. The juicers and similar products that they release are known for their performance and durability.
This juicer, in particular, is a masticating juicer and not a centrifugal juicer.
This means that it crushes any fruits and vegetables that are placed into it using an auger. This process saves you from having to slice them up beforehand.
The juicer itself is slow turning, meaning that more juice can be extracted from the fruits and vegetables that are placed inside of the juicer. This product is also known to outperform centrifugal juicers that fall under the same price range.
To use this masticating juicer, you have to place the drum into the housing and lock it in place using the small clip that can be found on the appliance. You then have to assemble the funnel and place the auger inside of the drum. The juicing screen then end cap can be clicked into place after.
After all of this has been done, you can begin juicing. You simply have to insert your fruits and vegetables. We would advise that you only use a few pieces at once so that no clogging occurs inside of the appliance.
This Omega juicer is a perfect option for anyone who prefers quality to quantity.
It can offer you better results, but you will have to make sure that you don’t put too many soft fruits in at any one given time. If you do, then your auger will quickly become clogged.
People have noted that juice that is made with this juicer also has a relatively long shelf life when compared to juice that is made with alternative products.
- This product comes with the same 15-year warranty that most of the Omega products come with. This means that it is incredibly unlikely to fail or break
- This appliance is very user-friendly once you have worked out how to put it together and take it apart
- The wide feeding chute on this juicer means that you don’t have to waste your time chopping and dicing your fruits and vegetables
- A lot of people have mentioned that this product would have looked nicer if it had been made out of stainless steel. Part of that will be because of how durable stainless steel is
- If you use too many soft fruits at once, then the auger inside of your appliance could quickly become clogged. You would then have to clean your machine before continuing
- This juicer is more expensive than a centrifugal juicer, but it can also outperform a centrifugal juicer
- If you are looking to save space, then you should look elsewhere. This juicer sits horizontally, which means that it takes up a lot more space than a vertical juicer would
Get Omega Juice Extractor
6. Argus Le Juicer — Best Slow Juicer
Are you looking to preserve all of the healthy, nutritional value that can be found inside of the fruit that you eat?
If you are, then this Argus Le Juicer could help you. This is a masticating juicer that operates at a slow speed.
It contains a single auger that is responsible for crushing and grinding any fruits and vegetables that are placed inside of the main unit, but it also retains any essential vitamins and minerals that are present.
This quiet appliance has been brought to us by a relatively new company who is quickly making a name for themselves based on the reputation of their products.
The juicer has a 3-inch feeding chute that can accommodate large pieces of food, meaning that you don’t have to spend all of your time chopping fruit.
This juicer is easy to assemble, and you only have to feed whole fruits and vegetables into the feeding chute to use it.
The auger system is 3-in-1, meaning that it does the job of squeezing, filtering and collecting the juice that is generated without you having to do any additional work.
Any pulp that is collected goes straight into the pulp cup, while all of your juice goes straight into the juice container.
This product is an excellent option for anyone who is looking to make juice quickly.
The chute is so large that you can directly feed whole fruits and vegetables into it without wasting your time. If you are in the market for an affordable masticating juicer, then this one could be the best one for you.
It is also worth noting that this appliance is available in a few different colors so you should be able to find one to suit your own home.
- This juicer includes a set of capacity marks that allow you to quickly adjust the juice that you are making so that it suits your taste
- An LED light can be found on this appliance that is responsible for showing you the current operating condition
- A safety lock is present on this appliance. The safety lock itself is an essential feature because you would be able to access the auger without it
- If you were to get stuck using this product, then you would struggle. It is incredibly difficult to find documentation for this product online so you would be on your own
- If you are looking for a juicer that has a lot of different features, then this juicer will not be the right option for you
Get Argus Le Juicer
7. Chefmos Juicer — Best Low-Speed Juicer
The Chefmos Juicer is another juicer that is known for how quiet it is when in use.
If you live in a home with small children, then a quiet juicer could really be a lifesaver for you when they are in bed.
This means that you can start off your day without having to worry about any of the noise that you create.
When it comes to materials, this juicer is not as good as some of the other juicers that can be found on this list.
It is made out of heavy-duty plastic, but it does also include some beautiful stainless steel elements.
The large feeder chute on this juicer makes it easy to make juice without having to cut up your fruits and vegetables before you start.
This juicer is a typical cold-press juicer that can be used with everything from hard fruits to leafy vegetables.
It squeezes anything that is placed inside of it, rather than grinding fruit and vegetables.
This means that a high yield of juice is to be expected.
The juice that is made with this juicer can also be stored for up to three days, meaning that it lasts quite a long time when we compare it to the juice that comes out of alternative products.
This product would be an excellent option for people who want to access the benefits that come with a masticating juicer.
This includes using fewer ingredients to get more juice. When it comes to benefits like this one has, the benefits themselves outweigh the initial cost.
This appliance is quiet, and you would be able to use it at any time of the day, and all of the different parts are dishwasher safe.
- The fact that this juicer operates at such a low speed means that every single drop of juice is squeezed out of your fruits and vegetables
- The wide feeder chute on this juicer allows you to place whole items inside of it, but the platform around the chute itself also prevents splashes and unnecessary mess
- This appliance can be quite challenging to disassemble after it has been used. We would advise that you stick to the manual the first few tries.
Get Chefmos Juicer
8. Cuisinart Citrus Juicer — Best Citrus Juicer
Cuisinart is a company that a lot of people recognize for the quality of the popular products that they manufacture, as their products are known for their longevity and durability.
This explains why a lot of different Cuisinart products come with an impressive 3-year warranty, something that should calm the fears of any users who have previously been scammed by juicers that have not lasted very long.
It is safe to say that the Cuisinart Citrus Juicer is an affordable option for anyone who is looking to step into the world of juicing, but it is quite limiting.
You would only be able to use this juicer with citrus fruits.
Who doesn’t like to enjoy healthy orange juice in the morning or cold lemonade on hot summer days?
You can also use the 3-speed reamer on this product to tailor the drink that you make to meet your own personal preferences.
Any seeds that are present inside of your citrus fruits would also be strained out during this process.
Most of the people who own this juicer use it with fruits like lemons, oranges, grapefruits, and limes. If you like to be adventurous, then you will be happy to know that this product also comes with a small recipe book.
The Cuisinart Citrus Juicer is incredibly easy to use, regardless of whether or not you have ever used a proper juicer before.
You simply place half of a citrus fruit onto the reamer and press it down gently.
An auto-reverse feature is also enabled during this process so that your juicer can efficiently extract as much juice as possible from each of the fruit halves that you use.
Once you have done that, you can then press down on the Cuisinart lid to activate a rapid spinning setting.
This process ensures that you can get all of the last drops of juice out of your citrus fruit and that nothing is going to waste.
Once you have removed your citrus juice from the appliance, you can directly place the Cuisinart Citrus Juicer in the dishwasher so that you don’t have to worry about washing all of the different pieces separately.
This product would be a fantastic option for anyone who is on a tight budget.
If you are looking for a simple citrus juicer that can do everything that you need it to without any additional frills, then this product could be a good option for you.
There is no need to pay for a more expensive juicer if you are just looking to enjoy citrus fruits.
- The Cuisinart Citrus Juicer is available in five different color options. These include brushed stainless, polished chrome, orange, dark yellow and dark green. This means that you could easily choose a juicer that suits your home decor
- This juicer is both compact and lightweight, making it a suitable option for apartment living and kitchens that don’t have a lot of storage space
- You can quickly clean this juicer by placing it into a dishwasher after every use. This means that you will not have to worry about the cleanup process.
- The pulp control feature that is present on this juicer enables you to make your own juice that is tailored to your own personal preferences
- This product is incredibly affordable when we compare it to other juicers
- Unfortunately, this Cuisinart Citrus Juicer does not contain a built-in bowl. This is not too much of a problem, but it does mean that it is incredibly easy to make a mess while this appliance is in use
- You can only use this citrus juicer with a handful of different citrus fruits. If you were hoping to enjoy a lot of variety, then there are a few better options for you
- When in use, this citrus juicer is quite loud and noisy. This could be problematic if you prefer quiet appliances or if you cannot make a lot of noise for one reason or another.
Get Cuisinart Citrus Juicer
9. Epica Citrus Juicer — Most Quiet Juicer
Simplicity is key when it comes to a lot of kitchen appliances.
The Epica Citrus Juicer has taken simplicity to a new level because it features a super-simple 1-button design.
This sort of design is rarely seen on centrifugal juicers, but it makes this juicer the easiest juicer to operate on our list.
In our opinion, this juicer is one of the best because of how quiet it is. It has been designed with early mornings, late nights and thin walls with irritable neighbors in mind.
It is also incredibly easy to clean once it has been used.
There isn’t much to say when it comes to the usage of this appliance. You simply have to use the one button that is present to start and stop the juicer.
This juicer also comes with two cones and a flip-up spout that has a good amount of clearance for dispensing your juice.
You just have to remember to switch on the machine and place half of a piece of fruit onto one of the cones, the machine will then do all of the work from that point.
This product is an excellent option for people who have never tried to juice fruits before.
Juicing can be a little bit difficult when you first start and having such a simple appliance could make your life a lot easier.
This juicer is also incredibly easy to clean and a great option for anyone who usually throws away their instruction booklets instead of reading them.
- As we have already mentioned, this juicer is super quiet when it is in use. This makes it a much better option than some of the juicers that are currently available, they can end up sounding like vacuum cleaners
- Most people would be able to use this juicer without a problem because of how simple it is to operate
- The design of this juicer means that it is also quite small because it does not include any unnecessary and bulky features
- If you love having a lot of different functions at your disposal, then you will quickly become bored with this juicer and want to move onto something new
- There are no options on this juicer that enable you to tailor your settings to meet your own preferences
Get Epica Citrus Juicer
10. Eurolux Citrus Juicer — Best Orange Juicer
The Eurolux Citrus Juicer is one of the easiest citrus juicers to use while you are in a bit of a rush or on the move in the morning.
You could even use it with your eyes closed. We know that this is true because you don’t even need a manual to operate this juicer.
The parts themselves are also that simple that you can clean them straight away without having to work out how they fit together and come apart.
If you live in a small flat or have a limited amount of storage space, then the Eurolux Citrus Juicer could also be a good option for you.
It is small, and it could easily be stored away in a tight space, making it the perfect choice for people who only have a limited amount of space to use.
To use this citrus juicer, you simply place a sliced citrus fruit of your choice on the cone.
To activate the juicer, you then press down gently against the cone or pull the handle that can be found above the cone.
You only need to use a tiny amount of force because the motor in the Eurolux Juicer will then take over and do the rest.
This motor is a little bit noisy, but the lack of extensive prepping makes it worthwhile.
This product would be an excellent option for anyone who is new to the world of juicing.
It would also suit people who are budget conscious because it is relatively affordable when compared to some of the other citrus juicers that can be found on the market.
If you only have a small amount of storage space, then this juicer would be the perfect size for you because it doesn’t have some of the bulky and unnecessary features that can be found on more expensive and larger models.
- The large cone on this citrus juicer could be used with a wide variety of different citrus fruits. It could also be used with some other types of fruits, but you should always be careful
- This citrus juicer is simple and easy to use without the help of a manual. All you have to do is follow the instructions in our usage section
- There are two strainers in this juicer. Both of them are responsible for collecting different amounts of pulp to ensure that as much juice as possible is drawn from the fruit
- If you want your pulp to be perfectly dry, then you will need to make sure that you keep applying a small amount of pressure. This is important if you want to get as much juice as possible from your fruit
- A small outlet leads to the pour spout from where the pulp is contained. If you are not careful, then your pulp could quite easily clog this up
- You can only make 8 ounces of juice at any one given time with this appliance because of the size of the container that can be found underneath. Having that said, it would be relatively easy to empty the tank into something else and fill it up again.
Get Eurolux Citrus Juicer
Juicers Buyer’s Guide
Before you even think about purchasing a juicer, you need to make sure that you know exactly what you are looking for and precisely what you are looking at.
A lot of manufacturers include features on their products that sound wonderful in theory, but they serve no real purpose, and they simply don’t affect your juicing experience in a valuable way.
This buyers guide should explain to you some of the different factors that you have to consider when you are purchasing a juicer and some of the different things that you might see while you are shopping.
The Type of Juicer
The first thing that you should notice is the type of juicer that you are looking at.
Most of the juicers that are readily available on the market for both commercial and domestic use are either centrifugal juicers or masticating juicers.
Centrifugal juicers are the more straightforward and more affordable juicers. They do not offer you the same amount of quality that you get with a masticating juicer, but they do operate much faster.
We would always advise that you purchase a centrifugal juicer if you are new to the world of juicing because they have fewer features and easier to use.
Masticating juicers are different because they contain augers that physically crush the fruits and vegetables that you place inside of them while maintaining all of the essential properties that you want to benefit from.
They are quiet during operation, produce better yield and, they have more features than the centrifugal. Unfortunately, they are also quite slow to use, and you could be waiting quite a while for your juice.
Feeding Chute Size
Both centrifugal and masticating juicers usually contain a feeding chute that you can use to insert all of your fruits and vegetables into the juicer so that they can be juiced.
One thing that you have to consider as a user is how large you would like your feeding chute to be.
This is an essential factor to consider because the size of your feeding chute will determine how small your fruits and vegetables need to be.
If you are planning on using a juicer with an incredibly small feeding tube, then you might have to chop up or even dice all of your fruits and vegetables before you can even think about making juice.
This can be an incredibly time-consuming process and a lot of people who want to make juice will simply give up when they see just how much effort they need to put into the whole process.
Who really wants to stand and chop up fruits and vegetables for an hour to make a lot of juice?
We would advise that you look for a juicer with a wide feeding chute if you have never purchased a juicer before.
This is because you can usually insert whole fruits and vegetables into juicers that have a large feeding chute, especially if they are masticating juicers.
If you are doing this, then you just have to make sure that you do not overload your juicer.
If you do, then the auger inside of it could get clogged up, and you might have to wash it before you can continue juicing.
You might not have thought yet about the amount of yield that you should be expecting, but now is the time to think about that.
An ideal juicer should leave you with a lot of juice and dry pulp, but some juicers on the market leave you with not a lot of juice and pulp that still feels as though a lot of juice is present inside of it.
Having leftover pulp isn’t always a bad thing because there are a few different things that you could do with it if you are trying to achieve a healthier lifestyle.
You could add your pulp into nice warm soup in the winter.
You could add it to a vegetarian burger to grill on a BBQ in the summer. You could even pop it into your smoothie first thing in the morning.
Having said that, you should really consider how much juice you need to make.
Do you need to make a certain amount of juice every day? Are you making juice just for yourself? Do you have to juice for everyone? How quickly do you need to be able to make a lot of juice?
If the answer to that last question is the word very, then you need to pay attention to the centrifugal juicers that can be easily found.
You should always make sure that you consider how powerful the motor inside of the juicer that you are looking at is before you purchase it.
The power of the motor will directly affect how dry the pulp that your juicer collects will be.
Dry pulp is a good thing because it means that as much juice as possible is being sucked from the fruits and vegetables.
The only problem with having a powerful motor is that it tends to be incredibly noisy.
Most of the time, powerful motors inside of centrifugal juicers are so loud that people avoid using them early in the morning, late at night and when other people are in bed.
If you are planning on avoiding disturbing anyone, then you should make sure that you purchase a juicer that is known to operate quietly.
When you are looking at motor power, you should also pay some attention to speed.
Most centrifugal juicers go quite fast, but some of them also include slow speeds. Slow speeds are perfect for juicing things like berries and grapes.
Can you imagine juicing grapes in a fast-moving juicer?
They would simply bounce around or jump back out of the feeding chute. Most masticating juicers also include some sort of reverse gear, which can make removing blockages an easy task.
If you are looking for a state-of-the-art juicer, you will probably have already noticed that most of the juicers that are available on the market claim to be suitable for use with everything.
This includes soft berries that could clog up your appliance, hard fruits that could potentially break your machine, and even leafy greens.
Unfortunately, the truth is that you will not be able to find a juicer that really does excel in all of these different areas.
This is because they all require different processes.
We would advise that you start to think about what you need and what your plan is.
Do you know what you will be juicing? Do you want a variety of different things in your juice? Are you planning on sticking to one area in particular?
If you know what your plan is, then finding a juicer that meets your own needs will be a lot easier than it otherwise would be.
If you are planning on using a lot of hard fruits and vegetables, then you should definitely be looking at a masticating juicer.
If you are planning on juicing citrus fruits, then you should probably look towards getting a juicer that is only compatible with citrus fruits.
This could save you a lot of money. To use these juicers, you generally have to cut your citrus fruit in half, put it onto the cone and apply a small amount of pressure.
The juicer then usually takes over and does all of the hard work for you.
We all have to think about our own budgets when it comes to buying new kitchen appliances.
Some kitchen appliances are strangely affordable, whereas other kitchen products can feel like they are completely breaking the bank.
The thing that you have to remember about juicers is that their price is generally directly related to their performance.
If you are looking at a juicer with quite a high price tag, then you are probably also looking at one that can offer you a high yield.
A relatively expensive juicer should also be really easy to clean and aesthetically pleasing.
This does not mean that you should try to buy a juicer that is out of your price range, it merely means that you should look for the best juicer that you can within your price range.
Try to decide how much you are willing to spend and make sure that you stick to your own number.
Do you want to be paying a premium to get more features? Do you want to save money and get a juicer that just does necessary jobs? Only you can answer these questions.
When you are thinking about your budget, you should also try to factor in what you believe juicing will cost you in the long run.
How much are you planning on spending on fruits and vegetables? Do you want to do a weekly shop? Juicing can be time-consuming, but it can also cost a lot of money.
The Curse of Leafy Greens
Leafy greens are considered by many to be the way of the future when it comes to juicing.
They can offer you an array of different minerals and vitamins, and they are adored by juicing celebrities across the world.
If you want to join the leafy greens group, then you should quickly step away from the centrifugal juicers because centrifugal juicers cannot really handle leafy greens.
They only throw them around without extracting any juice from them.
Masticating juicers, on the other hand, is more than capable when it comes to juicing leafy greens, especially when they have twin gears.
We all like to pretend that we don’t really care about aesthetics from time to time.
But, in reality, we all care about aesthetics when it comes to the items that we have on show inside of our own homes.
We would always advise that you get a juicer that you find aesthetically appealing because then you will be 10x more likely to keep it out on top of your countertop.
This means getting the most out of your juicer because you are more likely to use it if you don’t have to get it out of a cupboard every single time you want to.
Luckily, manufacturers are aware of this, and a lot of stylish and aesthetically appealing centrifugal and masticating juicers have appeared on the market.
These range from contemporary pieces to traditional stainless steel pieces.
You should also consider the size of the juicer that you are looking at.
This isn’t just for aesthetics; you need to make sure that your juicer will fit where you want it to because some juicers are much bulkier than they really need to be.
Do you need to fit your juicer into a small cupboard?
If so, then you need to make sure that you purchase a juicer that fits in there.
Whenever people think about juicing, they usually think about all of the delicious juices they can drink and all of the unique recipes that they can try.
We would advise that you look a little bit further into the future than this.
What do we see in the future? A mess.
There is no way to pulverize fruit or vegetables without making a mess, and the amount of mess that you will make depends entirely on your juicer.
They have to crush fruits and vegetables to collect the juice from the inside of them.
Most of the juicers that are currently available on the market include some sort of container for collecting pulp, but some pulp will probably come out of your feeding chute too.
Make sure that you are aware of this before you buy a juicer and try to make sure that you buy a juicer that suits you.
Do you regularly use a dishwasher? If the answer to that question is yes, then you should make sure that you buy a juicer that contains parts that are dishwasher safe.
This can save you a lot of time during the clean-up process.
You should also make sure that the juicer is easy to dismantle when it is dry because if it isn’t easy to dismantle when it is dry, then it is probably going to be even harder to disassemble when it is coated in juice.
If there are any children in your house, then you should probably make sure that you consider how safe you want your juicer to be too.
A safe juicer should always include a safety lock lid. This is a lid that locks in place so that you cannot put your hand inside of the juicer while it is in use.
A lot of juicers will not work until the safety lock lid has been locked in place.
Can you imagine what would happen without the cover? You would end up with juice, fruits and vegetables all over your floor, countertop and possibly yourself.
Last but not least, you need to think about the storage life of the juice that you are planning on making.
Not all juices are created equal, and there are a lot of different things that you can do that affect how long your juice will last, but there are also a lot of things that your juicer can do that will affect the same thing.
As a general rule of thumb, you should make sure that you drink any juice that has been made in a centrifugal juicer as soon as it has been made.
This is because the heat that is present during the juicing process can cause oxidation, this compromises the freshness of the juice that you are making and it means that it doesn’t really have any real longevity.
This makes sense because centrifugal juicers have been designed for quick and easy use.
You can simply put your fruits and vegetables in, send them around in the juicer really quickly and drink your juice as soon as it comes out.
This whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes.
If you would like your juice to last a little bit longer than that, then you need to make sure that you purchase a masticating or triturating juicer.
Both of these are slow juicers that will not cause any oxidation to occur.
This means that your juice will have some longevity to it, but most people recommend that you still drink it within two to three days.
Remember that masticating juicer take a lot longer to juice fruits and vegetables than centrifugal juicers do.
This means that they would be the better option for people who like to store their juice after they have made it.
If you want to drink your juice straight away, then you will have to wait quite a while with a masticating juicer.
As you can see, choosing a new juicer to bring into your home can be a challenging, but exciting task.
Owning a juicer can be the key to achieving a healthier lifestyle, but choosing a juicer for the first time could also be the key to suffering from stress and headaches.
As we have already said, you should make sure that you are choosing a juicer that suits all of your own needs. Make sure that you ask yourself these important questions:
- Do you want to spend a lot of time cleaning up after you have juiced your fruits and vegetables?
- Do you want your juicer to fit in with your current kitchen decor?
- How long would you like your juice to last after you have made it?
- How much do you want to spend on a juicer?
All of these questions are important because they should be able to guide you towards choosing the right juicer for your own situation, opposed to picking a juicer just because of the way that it has been marketed.
You should be able to achieve what you want to accomplish with your juicer, and you should think about purchasing a different juicer if you find that that is not achievable.
Finally, make sure that you really spend some time thinking about whether or not you want a masticating juicer or a centrifugal juicer.
Try to think about how quickly you want to have your juice, how long you want to be able to store your juice for, how loud your juicer can be and all of the other factors that we have introduced you to.
Hey!HOMEQUIPMENT is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program for sites to earn advertising fee by advertising and linking to Amazon.com